Hi, my name is Richard. I’ve been working as a psychological coach since 2002 and as a registered psychotherapist since 2008.
I help people become free of the emotional “stuff” that is blocking them in their personal or professional lives.
I have an integrative approach to psychotherapy that is rooted in the NLP ethos of modelling and draws from a variety of other sources. My style bridges between traditional talking therapy and more mystical approaches.
Sessions are flexible and are usually longer than the standard 50 minute ‘therapy hour’. They can be intense so I like to keep things relaxed and informal.
Yes I can work with you online over your choice of Skype, Facetime, Hangouts, or Zoom!
|Taking the first step is often the most challenging. When you are ready you can request a free 30 minute consultation, or call me on 07958 375 655 so we can talk about your situation.|
Why Psychic Plumbing?
l don’t claim to be able to tell your fortune. The psychic I’m referring to here means “relating to the soul or mind” and the plumbing is, as you might expect, a network of pipes. For me “Psychic Plumbing” is a useful metaphor for therapy:
- Pipes are your relationships with yourself, other people, and other things.
- Water is the energy moves through you and between you and others.
- Blockages are emotional contractions that have been created in response to past experiences.
- Flow is how life can be when you are more embodied, inspired, and confident.
Is this you?
- By self-referred I mean that you are choosing to come and see me. This is important as the work we do can be intense and challenging.
- By mentally well I mean that we both have broadly the same sense of a shared reality. Not entirely, of course, as your stuff will affect the way you experience the world (as mine does for me).
- By ‘stuff‘ I mean that you are aware of some emotions / beliefs / reactions / tensions / blocks / obsessions / compulsions / addictions / repeating patterns / other symptoms that are preventing your experience of life from being as awesome as it could be.
If we decide to work together I ask that you are:
- Curious – Therapy is a process of discovery. It is important that you are willing to explore and find whatever might be there.
- Honest – I can only help with things if you let me know what’s really going on. Please don’t tell me what you think I want to hear.
- Willing to experience emotional intensity – While the outcome of therapy may well be to feel “better”, the process can involve feeling more.
The benefits of psychotherapy
|Less of this||More of this|
Richard Evans-Lacey, Psychotherapist
Like all psychotherapists I am committed to:
- Honouring the trust you place in me,
- Respecting your right to choose for yourself,
- Promoting your well-being (I am professionally supervised),
- Avoiding causing you harm (I am comprehensively insured),
- Treating you fairly, and
- Practising what I preach by caring for myself.
How I work
The general idea is to disconnect you from the things or people that no longer serve you and to clear any blockages from the relationships between you and your nearest and dearest.
I like to start by asking you what you’ve been noticing in your everyday life, and how you’d like it to be different. As we talk there will probably be a moment when we touch on something that evokes an emotional response. This is our opportunity to go deeper.
As we transition from ‘talking about’ to ‘moving through’ I make much use of my intuition and energetic sensitivity to support and guide you towards things that you may have previously avoided or found difficult. Sometimes this may involve some intense emotions rising to the surface and being expressed in a safe and responsible way. At other times it can involve moving into a profound state of relaxation and contemplation.
Towards the end of many sessions we turn our attention towards the future. I usually suggest some simple homework to continue the transformation or embed the change.
Your choice of psychotherapist
Therapy can be a significant financial investment. While my sessions are certainly not cheap I do believe they offer good value for money.
|Depth of change||Speed of change|
|Complex symptoms are the result of relatively simple root causes. Together we can find and heal old traumas that drive your current behaviour.||Talking about your problems is not always enough to change them. My approach is gently direct and I will coach you to face your fears and express your emotions.|
|Your symptoms are indications that you have coped with past traumas. I will coach you to harness your core-rage and channel it in a healing direction.||I take you seriously but our time together doesn’t have to be serious. It is usual for there to be tears in one moment and laughter in the next.|
|I am able to sense the energy in and around your body. If there are blockages we can remove or dissolve them together.||Negativity is a symptom of avoidance. I will guide you into the void, through the darkness, and bring you back to your natural positive self.|
|A standard 50 minute therapy ‘hour’ is over in no time. I offer longer sessions to make your visits more valuable.||I offer flexible appointment times from 8am to 7pm according to our moving schedules. We can meet face to face or online.|
East London therapy room (not in use right now!)
We can meet at my home office in One Bartholomew Square, Bethnal Green, East London E1.
It is a 3 minute walk from Bethnal Green overground station (from Liverpool Street station), a 4 minute walk from Bethnal Green Underground station (Central line) and a 7 minute walk from Whitechapel underground station (District, Hammersmith & City, and East London lines).
In order to comply with social distancing rules and to keep us both safe we can meet on your choice of Skype, Facetime, Hangouts, Zoom, or even over the telephone.
You will need to create an environment where you have a good internet connection, are free to talk, and are unlikely to be interrupted.
While there are some benefits to meeting face to face most clients are surprised to find how similar online therapy is and how quickly they adjust to this way of working.
If you are interested in the possibility of working together you can request a free 30 minute consultation, or call me on 07958 375 655 so we can talk about your situation.
If you’ve been looking for an NLP psychotherapist in London and have found this page useful please help others find it by pressing the like button below.